RULES FOR THE DESIGN OF LITERATURE LIST IN ENGLISH
References in English -References- serves, primarily, for tracking the authors ‘and journals’ quotations. A correct description of the sources used in the lists of literature is a guarantee that the cited publication will be taken into account when assessing the scientific activities of its authors, and therefore the organization, the region, the country. By quoting the journal, its scientific level, credibility, effectiveness of its editorial council, etc. are determined.
The structure of the list of literature in English differs from that prescribed by the Russian GOST. Dashes, as well as the // character in the English description are not used.
The main structural elements of the list of literature in English:
All authors of the material are separated by commas. Surname and initials are transliterated. Initials from the name of a comma are not separated.
Example: Zagurenko A.G., Korotovskikh V.A., Kolesnikov A.A., Timonov A.V., Kardymon D.V.
Title of the article (section of the book): translation into English.
Example: Considering the economic nature of the investment agreement when deciding on business issues (on example of the lease agreement) Pravo [Law]
Name of the book (magazine): the transliterated name is shown in italics, then the translation into English is done in square brackets.
Example: Poslednee pravitel’stvo SSSR [Last government of the USSR]
For the book: the city of the publication (in English), the name of the publishing house (transliteration with the addition of the abbreviation Publ.), The year of publication.
Example: Moscow, Krom Publ., 2013.
For an article from the journal: volume, issue of the journal or year, issue.
Example: vol. 5, i. 2. or 2013, no. 7.
Specifies the total number of pages or the range from-to.
Example: 221 p. or pp. 54-57.
The description of articles and materials of conferences in Russian ends with an indication of the language (in Russian).
If so, DOI is mandatory.
Example: DOI: 10.12737 / 2156
It is worth paying attention to the following points:
– If the list contains references to foreign publications, they are completely repeated in the list being prepared in the Roman alphabet.
– When describing a translation publication, the description of the original version is preferable. The translation version can be described in parentheses – as additional information. When it is not possible to reveal information about the original version of the book, or the translated version is, for example, a collection of several foreign publications, the basic description remains a translation edition.
– In the descriptions of Russian-language textbooks, textbooks should specify the type of publications.
– The description of normative documents, patents, reports, etc. is preferable to give in English translation with the indication in parentheses (in Russian).
– The name of the conference is transliterated, a translation is given in square brackets.
– For unpublished documents with the author, the name with indication in parentheses (unpublished) is indicated. If the authorship in the document does not specify the name and “Unpublished Source” or “Unpublished Report”.
3. Examples of descriptions
ZagurenkoA.G., KorotovskikhV.A., Kolesnikov.A.A., Timonov A.V., Kardymon D.V. Techno-economic optimization of the design of hydraulic fracturing. Neftyanoekhozyaistvo [Oil Industry], 2008, no.11, pp. 54-57. (in English)
Sergeev A., Tereshchenko T. Considering the economical nature of the investment agreement, when deciding business issues Pravo [Law], V. 1, I. 4, p. 219-223. (in English) DOI: 10.12737 / 985
Description of the article from the electronic journal:
Swaminathan V., Lepkoswka-White E., Rao B.P. Browsers or buyers in cyberspace? An investigation of electronic factors influencing electronic exchange. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 1999, vol. 5, no. 2. Available at: http://www.ascusc.org/jcmc/vol5/issue2/ (Accessed April 28, 2011).
Description of the article from the ongoing publication (a collection of works)
Astakhov M.V., Tagantsev T.V. Experimental study of the strength of joints “steel-composite”. Trudy MGTU «Matematicheskoemodelirovanieslozhnykhtekhnicheskikhsistem» [Proc. of the Bauman MSTU “Mathematical Modeling of Complex Technical Systems”], 2006, no. 593, pp. 125-130
Description of conference materials:
Usmanov T.S., Gusmanov A. A., Mullagalin I.Z., Muhametshina R.Ju., Chervyakova A.N., Sveshnikov A.V. Features of the design of the field. Trudy 6 MezhdunarodnogoSimpoziuma “Novyeresursosberegayushchietekhnologiinedropol’zovaniyaipovysheniyaneftegazootdachi” [Proc. 6th Int. Symp. “New energy saving subsoil technologies and the increasing of the oil and gas impact”. Moscow, 2007, pp. 267-272. (In Russian).
Description of the book (monographs, collections):
Nenashev M.F. Posledneepravitel’stvo SSSR [Last government of the USSR]. Moscow, Krom Publ., 1993. 221 p.